Tuesday 13 December 2016

Everyday Festive Make Up

During the winter, I like to introduce darker tones into my makeup looks but everyday I opt for either darker eyes or lips. Lately, I have been wearing a dark burgundy lip with a simple eye look, it is my go to make up and is so simple and quick. 

I begin with priming my face, I love the Porefessional Matte Rescue by Benefit. It creates a smooth and matte base which lets my foundation to apply perfectly and prevents me from getting oily during the day. Then, using a damp Beauty Blender, I apply the Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation by gently bouncing the product into the skin with the sponge. This is my all time favourite foundation as it makes my skin look flawless and it stays on all day. To conceal any blemishes and my under eyes, I take the Kat Von D Lock-It Concealer. It is super full coverage so a little goes a long way and it is incredibly long wearing. To set the foundation and concealer, I use the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette, taking the lightest shade under my eyes to brighten and mixing all the shades together for the rest of my face. The powders are amazing as they set the make up in place without looking cakey and it gives the skin a natural radiance. 
I don't contour everyday, so to add some colour and warmth to the skin, I take the Benefit Hoola Bronzer on the outer perimeters of my face. Again, to add some colour to the skin, I use my current favourite blusher 'Orgasm' (excuse the name) by Nars. To then add a glow, I use Becca's Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop Highlighter on the top of my cheekbones. This makes my skin look radient and looks so pretty!
For eyes, I've been using the Tartlette In Bloom Eyeshadow Palette by Tarte. This has been my go to palette since I purchased it in August, the shadows are really pigmented and soft and they blend perfectly. Firstly, I take the lightest shade 'charmer' all over my eyelid with a clean blending brush to create a smooth base ready for the other eyeshadows. As a transition shade and to add a little depth to the crease, I take the light brown shade, 'smarty pants' on a large blending brush and buff it into the crease until it is blended seamlessly. To add some more definition to the crease, I take a darker brown with a slightly red undertone named 'rebel'. I apply it with a flufy pencil brush to the outer corners of the lid and crease, then I blend it all out with a large blending brush. Then to add a pop to the eye look, I take the shimmery champagne shadow 'funny girl' which goes really nicely with the highlighter. Taking my favourite liquid eyeliner, the Lancôme Grandiôse Eyeliner, I thinly line my upper lash line and wing it out a the end. With a precise pencil brush, I apply the 'rebel' shadow to my lower lash line and then apply the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara.
To complete the look, I line my lips with the Rimmel London Exaggerate Liner in 'red diva' and then apply my current favourite red lipstick, Maybelline Matte Colour Sensational in 'divine wine'.

That is my current everyday Christmassy make up, I hope you enjoyed it and are liking my Beyond Christmas series!

No comments:

Post a Comment