Friday 9 December 2016

Mince Pie Recipe

Every Christmas Eve, myself and my mum always bake mince pies for us to all eat whilst watching our favourite Christmas films.
You will need:
A 12-hole cupcake tray
Ready made shortcrust pastry
350g Mince Meat
A splash of Milk
Icing Sugar, to dust

As I am always baking lots of things on Christmas Eve, I use ready made pastry to save time. However, feel free to make your own from scratch.
Begin by preheating the oven to 200℃/400℉/Gas mark 6. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of about 4 mm. Then, with a fluted round pastry utter, cut 12 circles that are large enough to fill the holes of in the cupcake tray. After firmly pressing the pastry into each hole, fill each one with a heaped teaspoon of mince meat. Using a smaller round cutter, cut out 12 lids for each pie. Secure the lids to the pies by brushing milk on the inside of each lid. Then, place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes, until they are golden brown. Once baked, transfer your pies to a wire rack and let them cool, then dust with icing sugar and enjoy!
I love how rustic and homemade these mince pies look and they definitely taste best with a glass of milk whilst watching Xmas films.

Thank you for reading and I hope you are enjoying my Beyond Christmas series!

No comments:

Post a Comment